OUR MISSION: Introduce our students and colleagues to On Course strategies and thereby transform our colleges and universities into learner-centered institutions that empower students to become active, responsible learners. Our ultimate goal is to bring about a significant increase in student academic success and retention.
To contribute to this mission on my campus and beyond, I choose the following goals:
Dated | Achievable | Personal | Positive | Specific
- I will use the Wise Choice Process in student conferences starting next week.
- I will employ Success Teams in all of my classes next semester.
- I will use the Silent Socratic Dialogue in my Psych 101 class next week.
- I will attend an On Course II Workshop by December of this year
- I will submit a proposal to present at the next On Course National Conference.
- I will teach our student success class with the On Course text in Fall semester.
- I will encourage 5 colleagues to attend an On Course I Workshop.
- I will attend the next On Course National Conference with at least 3 colleagues.
- I will enroll in an On Course online graduate course by August 15.
- I will start an On Course class on my campus within one year.
- I will host an On Course I Workshop on my campus by June 30 of next year.
- I will convene a group next week to infuse On Course into our campus culture.
Whereas On Course Ambassadors are pursuing similar goals at their colleges and universities across North America and beyond, I commit to both giving and accepting assistance to help us all achieve our common mission.
A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field