The exponential growth of Artificial Intelligence has introduced a profound change in education. The CHATGPT & AI TEACHING & LEARNING Workshop explores the human side of the AI equation, discussing implications for both students and educators. We will explore some of the major issues of equity educators must address, as well as addressing the role of cognitive neuroscience and student learning strategies.
Among the many topics explored in the workshop:
- Where does AI deep learning intersect with student deep learning?
- How might educators leverage ChatGPT to strengthen (rather than replace) student learning?
- Is all this just a creepy “zombie takeover” of education?
- Will educators become dispensable?
- What role does AI play in online education?
Attendees will explore specific strategies that can be used across disciplines and in face-to-face and online learning settings. The workshop can be offered in face-to-face or virtual settings.
Please note this is a sample agenda. Times may vary depending on whether it’s a face-to-face or virtual event.
CHATGPT AND AI TEACHING AND LEARNING WORKSHOP AGENDA:
|Day 1|||||Session Descriptions:|
|9:00-10:15|||||SESSION 1: INTRODUCTION TO AI, LARGE LANGUAGE MODELS, COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE AND DEEP STUDENT LEARNING|
|10:30-12:00|||||SESSION 2: ALGORITHMIC BIAS & EQUITY|
|1:00-2:30|||||SESSION 3: CHATGPT HALLUCINATION, MISINFORMATION AND CITATION|
|2:45-4:00|||||SESSION 4: DEVELOPING NEW TEACHING & LEARNING STRATEGIES|